Friday, June 27, 2008

Lucy and Tim


For a super long weekend, Elo and I had the pleasure of showing our friends, Tim and Lucy, just how much fun you can have in Nantes. Because they live in the grand rat race of London day in day out, we thought coming to Nantes might feel a little boring for them, so we planned plenty of activities. It was good to catch up face to face, and it gave Elo another chance to show off her ring.


Friday morning I had the morning off and we began the day with a small walking tour of the city centre. Some of the highlights include the Elephant, the Château, the Cathedrale, the old city and some attractive squares. It's no fairyland but charming, especially when you get the kind of weather that blessed us.


Here's one of Lucy's shots of the recently renovated Château.




Saturday, some of Elo's family had organised a team in a football competition in a small town south of Nantes. It is an annual event for the cousins to get a team together. And this year they invited Tim and I to join them. I think we were probably the only two Aussies from a group of about 40 teams in the six a side comp. It was quite warm, and after not a lot of sleep from the previous night, it was difficult to get into the swing of things. Tim however made a bit of a name for himself, with a rock solid defensive display, followed up with a few scintillating forays into enemy territory. I however, let in a handful of goals as keeper and scored an own goal. Top job Bob.


The two imports relaxing at the back.


I finally got into full stride, but the ball was no where near me.
After playing most of the day Saturday, we had a late dinner at Elo's Uncle and Aunts house. They were very hospitable and every had a great evening. They did put a little pressure on Tim about the 'Big Question', which I think he took very well indeed.
At about 0200 in the morning, Elo did a magic job of driving us to St Michel Chef Chef to go straight to bed. Sunday we enjoyed a sleep in, followed by a day of collecting oysters and playing games.

Trendy fella cololecting fresh oysters.


YUM


Lucy found something amusing about Tims backside?

The girls embarrassed themselves when they tried to take on the boys in Boule.
They did take back a little respect in the second match, but Tim and I overpowered them to take the series 2-1.


Elo, showing that she knows how to signal a wide in Cricket.
(She was actually playing a game similar to charades)
Well, that's nothing from Cricket, but a funny picture never the less.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"yum", ça veut dire que tu aimes ou que tu n'aimes pas les huîtres, Matt?

Matt said...

Yum et le mot anglais pour 'Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, j'aime bien'