I guess there are times when everybody feels like things are slowly mounting to an almost unconquerable size. Elo and I knew what to expect when we bought our do-er upper last year, at least we thought we knew.
As everyone says, there are always things that you don't expect that pop up and cause delays or cost money. And you know they're right, but until you get there you don't realize how right they are. Although I have no regrets, nor do I think that we made any great mistakes. I can't help but feel that we're learning from experience. And what an experience.
Living in an already small house, while at the same time trying to perform drastic renovations, moving kitchens, bathrooms, knocking down walls, changing windows, doors and a heating system. I won’t go into the smaller jobs that are associated with these grander projects. But they take their toll as well.
Then, as if living in the dusty cell we call home isn't enough, there's a wedding to plan. Which is ordinarily hard enough, but by attending the two amazingly beautiful celebrations in Australia last month, it made me realize how far behind schedule we are. So for the first time in a long time, I've committed myself to keep a list of things that need doing, and try to achieve at least one a day. I don't even know if one a day will get me to the wedding with an empty list, but at least I'll be closer than I am today.
What a whiner I hear many of you saying out there in www land. And you're right. I have a beautiful wife, a cute house, I'm healthy, but need to stretch before cricket matches more, I have a family I love and am fairly sure they still love me, and the sun has begun shining in Nantes again. So I'm fine and dandy actually.
Work just rolls along as it has done for the last year or so. Students come and go, while I try to see them leave slightly more intelligent than when they came, or at very least not worse off. Elo's work has kept her busy, and even in face of the current situation with the automotive industry, they continue to make sales. You should check out the site she's responsible for, http://www.utilitairemoinscher.com/
The cricket season is starting again soon, and we played the first indoor cricket tournament in western France last weekend. I captained Nantes for a few games, who won the tournament undefeated. I was awarded best batsman and best bowler. Now I'm sure you're thinking, 'Is he that good? or 'Don't the French know the rules?'
It's probably a bit of both, ha.
I then spent the next two days in agony, my untrained muscles were taking revenge on me. I felt like I was 95, after I'd just run a marathon. Awful. I couldn't even take a massage from my loving, sympathetic wife, it was too sore. Over the hill.
Our rabbit, Flopsy, seems to be motivated to un-toilet training herself. She used to know when a big one was coming and make it to the designated corner of the cage in time, but now she's started leaving surprises all over the place. What's the deal? Maybe she's not happy with how long the renovations are taking?
So if anyone has some tips on re-toilet training a rabbit, magic techniques for remembering to stretch before a match, or a way to get dust out of everything! You can leave a comment, or send an email.
We love you all,
Until next time.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PS THIS IS JESS
Oh Guys i really really wish we were closer to lend a hand for everything! Matty, I'm so proud you are doing well at cricket and it has nothing to do with the french not really playing it, you were amazing over here as well!
The wedding will be perfect!! Weddings are always about the couple and everyone is drawn to you together, you are magnetic and the day will be superb!!! Can't wait to see you and take one day at a time, everything is an adventure
Love you both forever!
Post a Comment