Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The big cricket match!!!

Ooooooohhhh, I went to my first cricket match!!! I apologise already, but as I thought, it was really long and boring...(so I took quite a few photos)
But I was so proud of him, he was the best!!!! The cutest without any contest, the best bowler and the best batter. He was awesome!!!
This is when he was bowling. He was the first one to start and...


...he got a wicket

I only have a few photos, because after 10 balls and 2 wickets (I told you he was fantastic) they asked him to stop bowling because the match wouldn't be interesting if he kept kicking everybody out!!!! So the poor boy had to wait on the field and try to catch some balls.


Then (actually around an hour and a half after!!!) he started to bat. He was the first one again. Who said that cricket was a tiring sport??



Nice view!!!

Some action...



The Nantes team (white) and the guests (green)
This is my cousin Romain he came to see play and he tried to bat after.

For those of you actually interested in Cricket, it wasn't a bad match in terms of figures for me. Bowling, 2 overs, 0 runs, 2 wickets. Then 48 off as many balls with the bat before being clean bowled. And one catch in the field. We won the match with a few overs to spare and five wickets up the sleeve. So a big congratulations to the team. It was a hot day, and everyone had worked hard to organise the event, so we were all very happy with the result.

No comments: