Sunday, January 27, 2008

Welcome Back Party


Whilst a lot of you may have spent a quiet Australia day, others may have got into the Aussie spirit with a little more enthusiasm, I spent my night celebrating Elo's (and my) return to France. She had invited most of her friends and all of her family, so we had a group of about 86.
Robert and I had mixed 25 litres of Punch from his secret recipe, which ensured a good night was had by everyone. Sweet and Strong.
The troops at meal time.


Everyone was well behaved at the buffet.


Part of the nights entertainment was watching the Aussie find random towns in France. Like, Moncul, translation, Mybum.

This is what Elo thinks Kookaburras look like!!!!!!And no, she wasn't drinking the Punch.


She did however, hit a good note with her Didge.
I didn't come close to getting any notes right when given the Microphone.

This was our version of the Haka. You can tell who wears the pants?


If you can see, here is Elo's map of canada, a box.
Even though I've shown you Elo's horrible Kookaburra, laughable map of Canada and Un-Xavier Rudd like exhibition on the Didge, she did actually WIN the contest. So well done.
But the prize was a dance with the sexiest man in the room. But because he was still eating, I stepped in. Awwwwww.



And finally, Elo's grandparents showed us youngins how it should be done.

Beautiful.


PS: Evan, In case my patriotism for the best country in the world was challenged, I sang Waltzing Matilda (poorly) in front of everyone, and was ready, but didn't, to flash my Australian boxer shorts at anyone who suggested that I was beginning to turn French.
WELCOME BACK ELO.

No comments: